Below resides a collection of my most recent demo reels, and few odds and ends from some workshops that I think round out my vocal range quite nicely. The reels cover the basics from characters to commercials to narration, and the clips are just some fun extra's to show just what these cords can do.
-Resume & Skills-
Honours Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Psychology, 2008-2013
Graduated with High Distinction. Wilfrid Laurier University.
On the Mic Animation Experience Workshop with Karl Willems 2016
Month long Workshop consisting of weekly 3.5-4 hour classes. Classes were mock pre-lay animation sessions, where the class recorded multiple characters for a full sized script (ranging from 18-35 pages of dialogue). Focus on character building and consistency throughout recording, proper technique and recording etiquette, as well as advice and insight into the business.
On The Mic Business of VO Workshop with Noel Johansen and Devon Quelch, 2015
A one day intensive workshop split into two halves. The first explored the business side of voice acting, self promotion, client retention, marketing, audition protocol, and voice analysis. The second focused on the technical side of setting up a home studio, proper acoustic treatment, home recording techniques and technical knowledge, and gear specs and recommendations.
On The Mic Acting for Voice Acting with Fiona Hogan, 2015
Month long Workshop consisting of weekly 3.5-4 hour classes. Classes covered a mixture of acting techniques and styles, and performances included partnered scenes, monologues, and mock voice reads both solo and partnered reads. Included dramatic, comedic, and emotive acting, as well animation and commercial reads.
On The Mic Animation Development Workshop with Lee Tockar, 2015
Month long Workshop consisting of weekly 3.5 hour classes. Classes covered topics including character development, maintenance, range and emotion, accent training, as well as on the mic readings with audition-style slating and casting style feedback
On The Mic Audition Workout Workshop with Allister Abell, 2015
Month long Workshop consisting of weekly 3.5 hour Audition "Workouts." Classes simulated auditions, detailed feedback on animation, commercial, and group reads.
Animation and Radio Commercial Workshop with Cathy Weseluck, 2015
Full day workshop including vocal training, industry protocol, and on mic training in both commercial and animation character reads
Mike Kirby's Voiceworx Workshop, 2014
Weekend Warrior Workshop, specializing in commercial/documentary narration, audition prep and audio books
Sunday Muse's "Great Big Voices of Teens and Adults" Workshop, 2014
Workshop specializing in character acting, group and solo recording, range finding, andmicrophone technique
Private Lessons with Cathy Weseluck, 2013-2014
One-on-one Skype lessons focused on range, emotion, vocal clarity, and dynamic voicing (screaming, crying, all that fun stuff)
Private Lessons with Lucas Schuneman, 2014
One-on-one Skype lessons focused on range, emotion, character establishment, and consistency.
- Public Speaking and Speech Preparation. 12+ years of experience throughout schooling and work.
- Creative Writing. Professional work for Harmonize Entertainment on series development and scripting. Also work on to-be-released student film from Emily Carr University, as well as numerous personal projects both prosaic and poetic.
- Education and Teaching. Two years of teaching experience as an undergraduate Instructional Assistant at Wilfrid Laurier University. Also several guest lectures for professors during my studies, as well as marking and grading work outside and prior to my IA position.
- Audio Editing and Basic Mixing in Audacity. Some proficiency in editing in Garageband and Sound Studio.
- Graphic Design. Basic understanding of vector graphics, layering, colour mixing etc as demonstrated on my own website. Primary program is Affinity Designer.
- Video Editing. Basic knowledge of cutting video together, soundtrack basics, transitions. Primary program is iMovie.
- Photo Editing. Basic Adjusting exposure, noise reduction, colour adjustment. Can use Apeture or Photoshop.
- Hobby artist, primarily traditional drawing and some inking, and digital drawing/painting.
- Sartorialist. Never leaves the house without a belt that matches my shoes, and groans at an improperly buttoned suit.
- Eclectically knowledgeable. Ranging from politics and current affairs to pop culture and science, I've got a few odds and ends from everywhere.
- Philosophically minded, and critically constructive in all aspects of life.